One thing I say to people, when different things are happening in their lives: You have confessed a faith in the true God your whole life. This situation is a time to put your faith into practice, to trust Him to do what is good and right - as he promised.
One place where we are reminded us of God's love and goodness is Romans Chapter 8. Look at the several promises there.
1) It will turn out in God's positive way for you. And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
2) The end result - is our glorification. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. 30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.
3. God is for us, on our team .... so we can't lose. What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?
4. We stand innocent - so no one can accuse us of any sin. Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies.
5. Jesus died and is interceding before the Father for us. Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.
6. We cannot be separated from God and his love. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written:
“For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”
37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
God will always act in love, with every situation we are in. And as we see in verse 37 – we are winners in every situation.
Now - which promise gives you the most confidence in God? But now, put all these promises together and you have several rock solid promises which can calm any troubled soul. You can stand in the faith and trust God to keep his promises for you.